Independent, Outsourced Software Testing Services
Test Mile comprises of skilled software testers who can conduct elaborate software testing using formal and exploratory approaches, employing test automation as and when useful at all layers.
Our approach – Unified Software Testing – is a blend of risk-based, context-conscious testing approach with formal and exploratory testing covering all attributes of a software w.r.t. quality, automating wherever necessary and testing at all layers of software. The benefit of this unique approach is that the observations from one area contributes to another and provides comprehensive coverage.
Our Testing Service Areas
Under the umbrella of our Functional testing service we cover the following:
- Black-box testing (without automation) confined to checking: Functionality, Usability and Compatibility of software
- Test Planning
- Formal Test Designing using various techniques: ECP, BVA, State Transition testing, Classification Trees, Combinatorial Analysis, Decision tables and so on.
- Exploratory Testing
- Systematic Questioning and Subject Analysis
- We use mind-maps, spreadsheets or test management software for documenting the artifacts depending on the context
This service covers creation of scripts for automation. For more advanced framework creation like data-driven/keyword-driven/BDD kind of framework requirements, kindly refer Advanced Test Automation service.
- Selenium Webdriver
We cover a wide range of automation requirements under this area:
- GUI Test Automation with reusable frameworks
- Data-Driven test automation
- Keyword driven test automation
- Agile frameworks like FitNesse, BDD frameworks for business abstractions
- Protocol layer test automation e.g. web services (using custom code or JMeter/ SoapUI etc. )
- CLI (Command Line Interface) based test automation
- White box testing
- Automation requiring extensive use of Python, Java, Perl
- Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins
We have expertise in web performance testing. We develop realistic usage models to accurately simulate the virtual traffic to a website, followed by careful analysis and correlation of the various metrics collected at the client and server ends. We can help you in identification of bottlenecks – the weakest links in the chain of website flow.
Following are some coverage points:
- Performance Testing: Load Testing/ Stress Testing
- Realistic Usage Profiles
- Tools: LoadRunner/ JMeter / WebLoad
- Bottleneck Identification: Transaction-level, Operating System Level, Server level (e.g. Apache web server tuning)
- Performance principles, patterns and anti-patterns
- Design for better performance
We can help you in making your website secure against most of the known attacks. We can not stop hackers, but we can make it very difficult for them to find vulnerabilities. We follow a systematic and elaborate approach.
Some high level coverage points are mentioned below:
- OWASP Top 10 Coverage: Flaws related to Authentication, Authorization, Session Management, SQL Injection, Cross-Site Scripting (XSS), Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF), Redirection Flaws, Security mis-configurations
- Secure Design
- Tool-assisted Exploratory testing
- Threat Modeling based on the attack model used by Microsoft/OWASP
- Logic Flaws resulting in Vulnerabilities
- Vulnerability Analysis